Thursday, 27 March 2008

The Star*


Once upon a time, when I was only a little girl, I saw a falling star.

The star was like a candle, but it could not be turned off.
She said to me that she was tired of her journey through the world, and she wanted to be turned out. Just to be forgotten, and to rest.

I couldn't understand, I always wanted to travel the world and be seen by many places and see many people but the star was really tired.
I asked her if I could take her place.

She answered me no.

I then asked if I could travel with her.
She said that I could, but I should leave everything behind and never ask to come back.

As an innocent child, I could not be separated from my home although my dream was to see new places, I became afraid of letting go of things, I wanted to come back everytime I left... and so I refused.

The star then disappeared, and I only saw her leaving at full speed in the sky.

I think I disappointed the star... I don't know if I would have been happier living from place to place... I just know that I'm happy where I am...


Now I think I found a true star... And I live by its side now... It's a different type of star... With my company the Star doesn't want to be turned off, the Star wants to continue glowing and guiding people.
And misteriously, I don't miss home... Because the Star is my home, the Star is my life... and I'm happy with the Star.


Thanks for being my Star. *

No comments: